Introducing our Scholarship Programme
The Bay of Plenty Education Trust Science, Technology and Emerging Industries Scholarship.
The scholarship is a three year scholarship with a total value of $6,000. The $6,000 scholarship is paid in instalments of $2,000 over the three years. The Trust makes the scholarships available to every secondary school in the Bay of Plenty, from Katikati to Opotiki. There will be two scholarships available where the school has in excess of 1,000 students.
- It is to be awarded to students who intend to study at a New Zealand tertiary institution for degrees, diplomas or similar qualifications in the general fields of science, technology or emerging industries.
- It is the intent that the scholarship be awarded to students who might not otherwise be able to afford to attend a tertiary institution.
- The scholar must be attending a tertiary institution immediately after leaving college - that is, the scholarship is not available to students who intend to have a "gap year".
- This scholarship should be the only one awarded to the scholar from the school.
- The scholarship is awarded at the sole discretion of the Trustees on recommendation by the Principal.
- The scholarship is renewed for the second and third years subject to the study record of the student concerned. The Trust writes directly to the scholar at the end of the first and second year of study asking the student to forward their academic record for that year and to confirm that they intend returning to a tertiary institution to continue studying the following year. The Trust then confirms awarding of the scholarship for the next year.
- Scholarships are awarded by the Trustees on the recommendation of the school Principals.